This blog post is sponsored by Philips Avent. The opinions expressed are my own.
Please note that this blog post was originally made to be posted 4 months ago (pre-pandemic) when baby Raphael was 11 months old, but it was postponed while we navigate this “new normal” lifestyle. Right now baby is 14 months old, he is still using his Avent pacifier and all opinions are still my own.
When I became pregnant with my first son, I was unsure of my stance on soothers, but I was willing to give it a try if I saw it would be a good fit for my baby. Mostly, my main concern was always about the sanitation and keeping that pacifier clean at all times and safe for my baby. Pacifiers are one of those products where you might need to experiment a fair bit before you find something that sticks and I was willing to learn more.
So when I was in the hospital they made me fill out a paper where it asked if I wanted to give a pacifier to my baby and I said yes. I am glad I did. My baby boy would get very fussy sometimes and the Avent Soothie used by the hospital came in very handy to calm him down.
With me second baby, there was no doubt that the Philips Avent Soothie was our first choice and I am glad Raphael liked it. The Philips Avent Soothie is a popular pacifier for newborns, and there’s a lot to like about it. The whole pacifier is made out of one piece of BPA-free medical-grade silicone. It is strong and holds the shape well even when your child chews on it.
Since those first hospital days with my first baby Gabriel, Philips Avent have been a favorite of mine and now my two boys. We just continue to stick with the Philips Avent Soothie Snuggle which can be swapped and replaced with age appropriate soothies/pacifiers as baby ages.
The Philips Avent Soothie Snuggle is a Soothie with a plush toy attached – the plush toy is soft and light weighted to help babies feel secure. The Soothie also easily detaches from the plush toy for easy cleaning and sterilization. Soft, cuddly and so lovable, Philips Avent Soothie Snuggle is the perfect first companion for baby. It keeps Soothie close by so it’s easy for parents and babies to find.
I also love that the plush toy is compatible with all Philips Avent Soothies and pacifiers, so you can mix and match to create the product that baby likes best and can grow alongside them. My first boy is now almost 3 years old and only uses a pacifier to sleep, but his giraffe has to be with him at all times 🙂 He is always with his snuggly friend. Baby Raphael is now 11 months old and is no longer using the soothie. We chose the Philips Avent ultra soft pacifier which is easily attached to his Philips Avent snuggle elephant.
1. To start, detach the Soothie pacifier from the Snuggle
2. Sterilize the Soothie either in a Philips Avent Steam Sterilizer bag or in boiling water for 5 minutes. ( These Philips Avent Steam Sterilizer bag are very handy to have in your diaper bag for when you are on the go).
3. After sterilizing, allow the Soothie to cool for at least 5 minutes and squeeze any trapped water out of the nipple.
4. Check the product before each use and replace the pacifiers immediately in case of damage or weakness.
5. Philips Avent recommends replacing your baby’s pacifier after four weeks of use.
6. You can wash the plush toy in a mesh laundry bag with your normal laundry cycle. Set it out to air dry.
7. Once you’ve cleaned both parts of the Soothie snuggle you can connect them back together and give the pacifier to your baby.
You can watch this video here for safety and cleaning procedures.
Soothers definetly can help your child, and you live a more peaceful life during the earlier stages in parenthood, and the Philips Avent Soothie Snuggle is a secure option for your little one.
Are you a new mom or mom to be considering a soothie or pacifier? Be sure to pick up the Philips Avent Soothie Snuggle!